Personal hygiene is all about keeping your body clean and generally looking after yourself. This should be carried out daily.
• Washing your body (especially your genitals and underarms)
• Brush teeth (twice a day)
• Wash and brush hair (if you have any)
• Shave (when needed)
• Use deodorants and perfumes/ aftershaves (if you choose to)
• Washing hands after using the toilet
• Change clothes
Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene can improve your confidence and self esteem making your approach to life more positive. People who have positive self esteem and confidence will be more equipped to make positive informed choices around their sexual health.
Poor hygiene can affect you both physically and mentally.